Cut For Evans.

2 comments


 A lovely photo from the lovely Lauren at Pocket Rocket Fashion. 
The ladies being Caroline, Deb, Isha, Hanna, Charlotte, Rivkie.



Last week I was lucky enough to be in London for a few days and be invited to a number of rather fabulous events the first being the launch of Cut for Evans in association with Now Magazine. I met Rivkie the fabulous editor of Slink Magazine just before the event so thankfully I didn't have to arrive alone, I did however go and hide in Next to try and make myself remotely presentable after being drowned in the rain luckily Evans had hair, make up and lovely nail painting happening so thankfully I got my hair spruced up!

Evans have ran a competition with fashion students from a number of universities who are famed for there knitwear and print specialities to design a capsule collection they chose one winner for each catagory these being the lovely Alice Farrow for print and Rebecca Partington for knitwear. I adore the outcome as a fashion design student things like this really get me excited for creating my own plus size garments and playing with print and colour is something that lets be honest is quite rare when it comes to plus size fashion. A number of girls were wearing items from the collection throughout the store and they all looked amazing!I'm totally regretting not picking up any while I was at the launch!

All the pieces are of course very visual and not for the faint hearted but from what I've seen of all the ladies wearing the pieces everyone seems to look amazing in the garments! It was also so lovely to see so many of my blogger friends under one roof, which doesn't happen very often for me anymore as I can't visit London quite as often as I used to. It was also utterly fabulous meeting some ladies I've spoken to online for the first time in person, even though we all follow each other on twitter so you basically feel like to know everything about each other anyway! I can't wait to see what else Evans have up there sleeves for the rest of 2014 and I hope they keep coining for talent such as this to show that plus size fashion can more often than not be VERY exciting! 
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

2 comments

Thank you! I try to read every comment I get and if I don't reply on here find me on twitter (@rosieroundface) and let me know!

Search This Blog

BLOG TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig